Tea Bag Christmas Tree

$4

If you're looking for a cheap but thoughtful Christmas gift, you can't go wrong with this tea bag Christmas tree!

When you just don't have enough money to give gifts, but you want to anyway, this Christmas tea tree is an excellent thrifty gift idea.

Supplies

1 Styrofoam cone (7 inches)

2 packages of tea bags (approx. 10-12 of each)

Bow (optional)

Toilet paper tube (optional)

Sort Your Tea

Remove tea bags from the boxes. Sort by colors if you have different types.

Attach Bags

Layer the tea bags on the cone alternating the tea types or colors of packaging.

Glue each bag to the cone and move up the layers until the whole cone is filled.

Instead of hot glue, you could use sewing pins or thumbtacks to attach the tea bags.

Add a Tree Stump

If you would like, cut an empty toilet paper tube to be a stump. Glue it to the bottom of the styrofoam cone or gently push it into the bottom of the cone to stay.

Add a Topper

Attach a bow to the top with glue.

Pair this tree with an inexpensive mug or tea pot for a great gift :)

More Budget-Friendly Christmas DIYs

When money is tight, it might feel hard to be festive. But don't worry. The joyousness of the season doesn't have to cost a lot of money!

Get my free printable Christmas cards to share with your friends and family.

Or make these cute Christmas crackers with toilet paper rolls and bits of craft supplies.

31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Single Girl's DIY

• Tonya
    Tonya

I would LOVE to receive this as a gift! I drink hot tea and curl up with a good book... Yesss! I plan to 'mention' this idea to my family and friends ... I want LOTS of Christmas Tea Trees😍! Merry Xmas to me!tfs

• Jan Mynatt Casady
    Jan Mynatt Casady

Brilliant! And so cute! Thanks for sharing this.