Lazy Susan Pencil Holder

$3

This DIY lazy Susan pencil holder is seriously one of my favorite projects. It’s so easy to make, it’s practically for free and it’s so functional. It’s just a perfect DIY gift from wood for anyone who has pencils or pens (hint: everyone). I made my first one last year from a log and decided to make another one with 4x4" lumber this year.You can see both versions and step by step tutorial here. Or watch a video version with 6 amazing DIY gifts for Christmas from wood here.

Use small head screws and attach one side of lazy Suzan to the bottom of the pencil holder. 

When one side is attached, move the second half at 90-degree and position it so you could drill a hole through the base of the pencil holder.

Drill the hole all the way through. It should be big enough to fit the drill bit and a screw.

Take a drill bit and screws and drill them through that hole, attaching the second part of lazy Suzan. It can be a bit tricky but definitely can be done. To make your life easier and the lazy Susan placed correctly, you can pre-drill pilot holes.

I used a Dremel VersaTip to make a city landscape scene. More details on the blog.

I used Minwax Natural finish

Which one do you like better? I love them both and can't even decide :D

3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
April

• Julie
    Julie

I don't understand the "lazy susan" on the supply list. It is nothing like the one shown in the project itself and links to a 9" circular set on Amazon.

• Kathy
      Kathy

I just checked your website. You do have Lazy Susan turntable 2”, but it’s actually called Lazy Susan Turntable Bearing. This is the hardware you need for the project.

• Joanne McTiernan
    Joanne McTiernan

How did you make the holes for the pencils/brushes?

• April
      April

With a drill :) you can visit my blog or watch a YouTube video to see exactly how I used the drill.

• Kim
    Kim

This would be so cute for makeup brushes!

• April
      April

Yes! That’s a great idea! I think I’ll make another one 😁

• Jane Briggs
    Jane Briggs

Amazon does carry the 2” lazy susan bearings. An eight pack for under $13. Could be a great project for gifts. I think gluing photos or cut up calendar pictures could also make them personalized. I think even painting a rubics cube pattern could be cute. Love the paint brush holder idea!

• April
      April

I love the idea with a rubics cube 😍 and yes, it makes sense to buy lazy Susan’s in pack from Amazon and do it as gifts :)