How To Upgrade Front Door Hardware: The Easy Way

$50

This project is part of a paid partnership with Dremel Tools, but as always the thoughts & opinions are always my own. Replace existing front door hardware seamlessly with these tips & tricks. Home improvement is not all rainbows & shiplap. Some projects are not as “fun” as others, but still extremely necessary. This is one of those jobs yall! My front door hardware has been bugging me since we moved into this house. It is very plain & builder grade quality. I wanted to update it with new hardware but I was a little intimidated with the process. Truth time, this was my first time replacing front door hardware! Yep it’s true y’all, but it turns out I had nothing to be anxious about because it is a breeze. Thanks to Dremel’ s new Home Solutions tools line this little update took me about 20 minutes & made a huge difference to my front door curb appeal!

Supplies:

Tutorial: 

Dremel has a new Home Solutions tool line available that includes a cordless flashlight & electric screwdriver! They are both rechargeable using a USB plug which makes them perfect for big & small home improvement projects!

1. Measure the width of your door to ensure you buy the proper hardware. It also helps to measure the distance between the lock & handle holes to ensure the hardware will fit in seamlessly. 

Measuring & buying the right hardware will make this project 100% easier!

Remove existing hardware using a screwdriver. Simply unscrew the mounting screws from the inside of the door & also the face plates on the edge of the door.

Insert the latch bolt into the hole, making sure that it is in the center of the hole.

Next, insert the deadbolt from the exterior side of the door & attach the latch using screws from the interior side of the door.

Once the deadbolt is in place, attach the handle from the exterior side of the door. This will be mounted using long screws & a screwdriver.

TIP: Using my Dremel rechargeable screwdriver made this project go so much faster because there are lots of mounting screws y’all!

Once the exterior handle is in place, insert the interior handle & secure using two more mounting screws. TIP: When working in a tight corner I always need extra light, that’s where the Dremel rechargeable flashlight comes in handy! Clip it onto a hat for hands free light.

I love how sleek the black hardware looks from the interior & exterior of the door!

The Dremel home solutions tool line made this home improvement quick & painless! Let me know what y’all think of our new front door hardware.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
Front Door Hardware Replacement

31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Lia with Southern Yankee DIY