Super Easy DIY Shoe Storage

$20

I don't know about you but January is often a time for sorting and organizing. Back in lockdown yet again in the Uk, my husband is throwing himself into DIY projects - it seems the perfect time to sort out a storage solution to replace our baskets of shoes.

The new, super easy to make DIY shoe storage is made with two bookcases screwed together and lovely oak top. It seemed only logical to use the bookcases to hand rather than start from scratch, I am all for using what we have.

Our measurements are here:

Start by ensuring the shelves of your two bookcases are at the same height and altering if need be. Then screw the two bookcases together with wood screws.

Prep the bookcases for painting by filling any holes and sanding the book cases down.

Next paint your book cases, we have chosen to use chalk paint as there was no need to prime the wood. We have used a grey Rustoleum paint we had in our shed, applying two coats.

Once dry attach a top to your shelves, using modesty blocks.

Lastly, apply a coat of furniture wax to finish the DIY shoe rack off.

Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Vickymcreations

• Mar14176411
    Mar14176411

im in australia...i wasn't being rude...but with all the shoes...caterpillars have lots & lots of legs...so I was just making a bit of a cheeky joke!!!

• Grandmasue10
    Grandmasue10

I thought your joke was funny. My daughter had an organizational expert tell her, "The shoe rack in the laundry room (where the garage door to the house is) was a great idea, but you don't have to display every pair of shoes you own.!" They are a family of 4 and there are at least twice that many pairs of shoes in the laundry room. The rack is full and the floor is a danger zone.