Make Your Own Foaming Hand Soap in a Mason Jar

$3

Have you ever tried to make your own foaming hand soap? It sounds like a pain, but I promise it’s EASY, ECONOMICAL, and without ALL THE JUNK in some of the store-bought soaps.

It’s also better for the environment, becauseI ’m going to show you how to make and dispense it right from the mason jar. Mason jars = less plastic!

Step 1

First, pour one cup of distilled water into your mason jar– you don’t even need a measuring cup because you’re using a mason jar that already has marks for measurement.

Step 2

Next, pour 1/4 cup of castile soap into the jar, bringing your total liquid to the 10 oz mark (8 oz water + 2 oz castile soap). I use Dr. Bronner’s Unscented, because I add my own essential oils. This makes a great chore for kids, and most can mix and restock independently.

Step 3

Give it a good stir, and add your oils (optional). I use about 15 drops total and do a blend of Young Living Thieves + Orange. You can also add a teaspoon of Vitamin E oil in the winter for dry hands.

Give it another good stir. It will have a few bubbles on top, but should be a watery liquid, which works well for foaming soap.

Add your foaming hand soap pump dispenser lid, and you’re done!

About the Foaming Soap Pump

These pumps are rustproof, BPA-free and come in a two pack in brushed nickel or bronze and fit a pint mason jar. This company also sells the non-foaming pump, so make sure you get the right one. You could make this work for a variety of styles– a clear jar with the bronze would be so pretty, or you could milk or chalk paint + distress the outside of a clear jar.

They are easy to clean, reduce the use of plastic, and easy peasy to refill! I also keep my homemade lotion bars by the sink; they are amazing for dry hands in winter.

Let me know if you have any questions, or Instagram pix of your mason jar soap dispensers– tag me @backporchbliss.

3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Misty | Back Porch Bliss

• Linda
    Linda

Where is the link to the blue jar? I saw only clear ones. Also the essential oils..which ones are safe to use on your skin?

• Laurie
    Laurie

where do you purchase these rust free pumps? thanks Laurie

• Vickie Meinen
      Vickie Meinen

I have the same problem and, I believe, this same lid. And yes it rusts. I've yet to find a metal one that doesn't rust.

• K Sandman
    K Sandman

Does it have to be distilled water?