DIY Scented Candle From Bowls - Woorden Boek DIY

$20

DIY Scented Candle from Bowls

Scented candles conjure up a cozy atmosphere and ensure beautiful moments. In particular, larger candles in elegant vessels set specific accents and can underline a furnishing style. But why buy when you can make the little design objects yourself.

It’s that easy to make a scented candle yourself from two bowls!

From two discarded porcelain bowls, some spray paint to match your own interior and plenty of candle wax and candle oil, I’ll show you how you can make your own individual scented candle yourself. Particularly practical: after the candle has burned down, a new one can be poured or the candlestick can be used as a flower pot or decorative element.

That’s how it works:

Time required:  30 minutes plus drying time (approx. 24 hours)
Material:  2 porcelain bowls, hot glue, spray paint, candle wax, wick, candle scented oil

Step 1: Glue two bowls bottom to bottom together with some high-strength glue or hot glue. Let the glue dry sufficiently.

Step 2: Spray the jar with the spray paint of your choice. To do this, tape your work surface well so that nothing gets dirty. Let everything dry thoroughly. Depending on the color, this can take up to 12 hours.

Step 3: Fix a wick (depending on your taste, wood or cord) in the middle of the bowl. Then melt candle wax in a water bath and fill it into the container.

Step 4: Let the wax cool down a bit and add scented candle oil. Alternatively, you can use essential oil. Anything is allowed. In my case, I chose a slightly heavier, tart fragrance: Teakwood & Tobacco. Let the wax harden overnight. Your homemade scented candle is ready in a stylish container!

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Janene Bogan

• Yankeemom100
    Yankeemom100

Wood wick? What kind of wood? Where did you get it? How did you attach it?

• Jeanne Martin
      Jeanne Martin

Google "candle making supplies" and it will come up (like a zillion sites have them!). I got mine on Amazon.

• Jean
    Jean

Where did you get the wood wick. Thanks 😊

• Kristian Pallone
    Kristian Pallone

So ... just thinking, what’s to stop the hot wax when the candle is low/lit from re-melting the hot glue ?

• Kelly
      Kelly
      7 minutes ago

Yeah, I would recommend against using hot glue.

• Lynne
    Lynne

thank you for the info

• Carey
    Carey

I like your idea but my mom refused to burn candles in her home because she didn't want the smoke in the house. That makes complete sense and so I have been looking for another way to use the lovely candles but not burn them. I discovered that if you use a coffee warmer, place your bottle or scented candle on it you get the lovely fragrance but not the smoke. Add to that the candle will lose it's scent after being heated for a while but let it cool over night and then re heat it and the scent is back. My friend used her coffee warmer and set in on the carpet. DO NOT DO THAT! It burned a hole in her carpet. So I found a glass tray that fits under it perfectly, turned it upside down for a little raised stand and the surface of my antique furniture is protected, it looks nice and no smoke but I can still enjoy the fragrance! So I will find a beautiful container to use for my candle instead of the plain jar that I have been using.