DIY Drop Cloth Curtains

2 materials
$100

Who all has seen the beautiful drop cloth curtains all over pinterest and instagram? I was seeing them all over the place for months and then decided to give it a try.

Initially when we built our house we put 2” faux wood blinds up in all of the bedrooms and on all of the windows on front of the house downstairs.

Bringing us to the DIY drop cloth curtains....

I love being able to see out without having to look though blinds, but we also wanted some privacy at night. I've looked and looked for different window treatment options, but you want the truth? I am CHEAP! Lol.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE nice things, but if I can save money then I'm going to atleast attempt to DIY it!

They are 100% no sew.... like so much so that there isn't even adhesive strips involved (unless you want to use it). 

Items needed:

•Drop cloth curtains ( click HERE for the curtains)

•Curtain Rods

•Café Hooks ( click HERE for the hooks)

•Tape measure

•Ladder

•Assistant if possible 

⚠️⚠️** For a lighter look and for a softer texture you will need to bleach your drop cloths. I’ll add another post soon on this process.

First you need to measure what size drop clothes you will need. 

LENGTH: Measure from the top of your curtain rod to the floor and the add enough material for your overhang. This is all going to depend on the look you are going for. Below are a couple of different options. Also, where you want to install your curtain rod will need to be decided before you measure. Just don't short yourself on material. It's better to have more material than less. 

CURTAIN ROD: Make sure you like the look of your rod since it will not be hidden. I love the oil rubbed bronze or black, but this is all according to your style and preference. We raised our curtain rod 7" above the trim. This will give the appearance of taller ceilings, which is what I wanted to do.

OVERHANG (see photos below):

I have these curtains hung 3 different ways.

Overhang Option 1

I have one set of curtains with a shorter top overhang and they stop a couple of inches before the floor.

Overhang Option 2 with longer top overhang.

Another way to hang them is with more top overhang and with a couple of inches on the floor. This is the way I prefer them. It’s more of a messy look.

Overhang Option 3 with no overhang

They can also be hung with no top overhang.

Overhang Option 4

Another option is how I hung them here in our laundry room. For these I did have to use adhesive tape. Cut the drop cloth to the desired length, used adhesive tape on the ends for a cleaner look and then a short top overhang.

HANGING YOUR CURTAINS:

Once you decide on the amount of overhang you want then it’s time to hang them. I like the fold with the seam showing.

Simply fold them over and clip them to your cafe hooks pictured above.

You can create a more pleated look by doing a little fold over as you can see below.

How to get the pleated look!

That’s is it!!! Told you it was crazy easy. Lol.

Thanks for stopping by!!

o

❤️-Danya

Don’t forget to give me a follow here and on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest

Love affordable fashion and home decor? Shop with me!!

There is no right or wrong on how much overhang to have. I prefer a longer overhand than this but some people like the shorter look.

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

4 comments
Next