Ashley
Ashley
  • Canada

Vintage Inspired DIY Shelves

Adding vintage charm to a space doesn't have to mean scouring antique stores and salvage yards.
Here's how I took basic pieces from the home improvement store and created these vintage looking bathroom shelves.
vintage inspired diy shelves, bathroom ideas, shelving ideas, These shelves are made up of four wood scroll brackets and two stock sized laminate shelves
These shelves are made up of four wood scroll brackets and two stock sized laminate shelves.
vintage inspired diy shelves, bathroom ideas, shelving ideas, Primer and paint was all I needed to unify the pieces plus some wood screws and glue to fit them together
Primer and paint was all I needed to unify the pieces - plus some wood screws and glue to fit them together.
vintage inspired diy shelves, bathroom ideas, shelving ideas, After attaching the shelves to the wall using drywall anchors I was able to amp up the vintage charm by layering in pieces from my collection not all of them old
After attaching the shelves to the wall using drywall anchors, I was able to amp up the vintage charm by layering in pieces from my collection (not all of them old!).

Ashley

• Vicki

Is it possible to mount the supports upside down from the way you did and place the shelving on top of them? How would you secure it to wall or do they come with the mounting holes already there. Hope you can understand my question, not very clear I'm afraid.

• Sharon Lewis

hi I I would like to know how did you attach the brackets to shelf board and then attach it to the wall? Sharon