Iron Pipe Family Photo Display

$50

After building rustic picture frames out of some scrap lumber, we designed a unique way to hang them on our dining room wall. Iron pipe is affordable and easy to find, even at the local hardware store!

This is a simple project that can be completed in less than a day and materials cost us less than $50!

These are the frames we built out of some scrap laying around in our garage. We stained them with a walnut color, added a coat of turquoise paint and then sanded and distressed them. For instructions to build the frames, follow this link http://krusesworkshop.blogspot.com/2014/03/we-been-framed.html

We screwed the cup hooks into the frames and attached our chain. I had our family photos printed on poster board at our local Walgreens, which eliminated the need for glass or plexiglass in the frames.

These are the materials we needed to hang the frames from. A six foot length of iron, 2 elbows, 2 flanges, screws and anchors.

This is what the iron pipe looks like when it's hung on the wall. This could also make a great substitute instead of purchasing flimsy curtain rods for draperies!

To attach the picture frames to the iron pipe, we picked up some hose clamps, cup hooks and decorative chain.

The hose clamp secures the chain to the iron.

We love that the ensemble makes such a simple statement! For more projects like this, follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kruses-Workshop/544083725671242

Heidi

• John

Where did you purchase the pipe, and pipe brackets and L connectors?
  • Kelli

What size nose clamps?

• Nancy

I have some cool old windows that I bought a few years ago. They do have lead based paint so I have to deal with that first. Could I hang the windows and then attach the chains and rod so it looks like the window is hanging with it? I live this idea and can see 2 of my windows hanging above my couch on a big wall.

• Joanie

This is such a pretty display......I love it......and an old Shirley Temple fan: "Heidi, the Grandfather" would be proud of you!!

• Nancy Flemming

Love it all, going to do this on a log wall but will try using S hooks for hanging the pictures for easy changing or adding. Thank you for sharing.