DIY Geometric Diamond Art

Did you know that they sell gold tin foil? Well they do, and it's amazing! And this super easy art is one of the many things you can make with it!
You could use any shape at all, but I decided to go with a diamond.
Here are all the supplies that you need!
:: One 12×12 piece of Birch Plywood (found at Michael’s)
:: Stain in the color of your choice
:: Topcoat/Polyurethane
:: Gold Spray Paint
:: Frog Tape
:: Super Glue
:: Gold Tin Foil
:: Corner Braces
:: Picture Hanger
:: 1 Sheet of Brown Kraft Paper
:: Diamond Template
Step 1: Stain your wood. I used two coats of my favorite color, Dark Walnut.
Step 2: Once dry, apply your top coat. I love General Finishes Flat Topcoat, but you could also use a Polyurethane.
Step 3: Spray paint the edges gold. Once your topcoat is dry, tape your board so you leave the edges exposed. I covered the entire top surface, just to make sure the spray paint didn’t seep through.
Step 4: Cut out your shapes. I labeled mine so I knew which ones were going to be gold and which were going to be brown. You can print out the diamond template from the blog post listed at the end of this post. I then cut out the pieces and traced them onto the brown Kraft paper and some plain card stock.
Step 5: Wrap your gold pieces in the gold tin foil.
Step 6: Lay out your pieces on your board and attach them using super glue.
Step 7: Screw in your corner braces. I thought about spray painting these gold but I liked the contrast of the silver.
Step 8: Attach your frame hanger.
And that’s it! You now have a beautiful piece of art that you can hang anywhere :)

4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Brepurposed

• Mn
    Mn

Way back then, I was into stamping and there was a product that cold be purchased in sheets or some in jars that was so fragile it would bust and fly so easily. It was called Gold leaf ( It seems you didn't actually use a large area of it, but applied it to a section of something you had already applied a glue or dbl sided tape or some sticky substance to. Maybe you can look up The Carol Duvall Show and look for Gold Leaf to see if there is still a way to look back at her projects. I want to say she was on around 20 to 30 years ago. It may have been 10 years ago since I saw any of her shows on TV. I can't remember anymore, but she may have been on HGTV. Not sure about that.

• Kletta
    Kletta

@Mn Morristown,MN, That sounds like what I remember. I don't remember when or where I watched it at but I do remember something about foiling. I'll google her and see what I find.Thank you.