DIY Fall Flower Wreath

Hello Everyone! Fall is coming quickly, so I started out my fall projects with this flowery fall wreath.
A few years ago, I made my first fall wreath and I really loved it. But then, the sun took its toll, and the leaves faded and left me with a plain vine wreath.
I knew I wanted to make a new wreath for fall, so I wandered around Hobby Lobby for awhile, until I spotted these. Each bunch was $11.99, but they were 40% off, so I paid less than $15 out of pocket for this project. The full cost of the supplies would probably be around $25-$30 if you used Hobby Lobby/Michael's coupons for the wreath.
I started by cutting each flower off the bunch, leaving a few inches of stem to insert into the wreath.
I placed each flower randomly and it took some trial and error to get it right. That's the great thing about this part though; no glue, so there's room to make changes until you get it right!
Something was still missing, so I grabbed this scrap of burlap I had in my craft supplies (leftover from my Christmas Card holder), to make a bow. I used twine to wrap the center of the bow, and glued it closed.
To attach the bow, I cut a piece of stem off the now-flowerless bunches, bent it into a "U", and slipped it through the twine.
I was able to easily push the bow into the vine wreath and keep it in place.
The project only took about half an hour, or so, and is a great addition to our porch for fall.
I'll be sharing the full fall porch later this week. Have a great day!

Erin Colburn