How I turned spent Daylily Stems into Pretty Outdoor Decor

Have you ever wondered what to do with the spent stems once your Day lilies flower? In the past I have always picked them and tossed them aside. I then had an idea to pick them, trim the bottoms and spray paint them. After drying I placed them in an container and placed them on the patio outside. Great way to add more color to a space and interest! For full details on this project visit http://topthistopthat.blogspot.com/2012/07/a-really-green-idea.html
Daylily Decor on the Patio
Spent DayLily Stems painted and placed in a container for a pop of color and added interest.

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Duke Manor Farm

• Gail Salminen
    Gail Salminen

@Duke Manor Farm - Melissa, this is so neat. I have an old milk can that this would be perfect for. Thanks for the great idea - I am so going to do this.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer

This would be a great addition to something I do every year. I take red twigged dogwood stems, birch stems, and dried hydrangeas and put them in a large RedWing pot or in a taller basket. Add spruce or pine tips and put them outside in empty pots or whiskey barrels for winter color. Not sure about the painted stems with snow though, huh.