Container Water Gardens

Container water gardens are a great way to get your feet wet with water features. They're small and pretty! Add a fountain or even a couple small fish like Rosy Reds. More water garden images at http://www.aquascapeinc.com/imagegallery.
Directions for making this cute container water garden can be found at http://www.aquascapeinc.com/index.php?page=articles&a_id=55.
A whimsical dripping pot adds fun to your garden. Add a glass globe for visual interest.
A simple fountain - but be forewarned - your dog will probably enjoy getting a drink here!
Got an old bathtub? Don't toss it ... stick it in the garden and fill it with aquatic plants and a fountain!
If you love waterlilies but don't have a pond, simply grow them in a water-tight container. Be sure they receive at least 6 hours of full sun.
Another whimsical fountain created with a teapot and cup.
Garden centers carry patio ponds made specifically for container water gardens.
You can always use a container you have on hand. This one was sealed to make it water tight. A few water lettuce plants float on top.

25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
15 Memorial Day Crafts
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• Cheryl Baxter

are the directions to make the water garden, image # 3 available?

• Sjt29229935

Love all the ideas, however, won't the standing water be a breeding ground for mosquitos? We have enough of those already and certainly don't want to give them a home close to where we gather. Do you treat the water with anything? Between the racoons, cats and other critters that roam our area, I doubt fish would survive.

• Sjt29229935

Thank you for your responses. I didn't hook up my 3 fountains this summer due to mosquitoes. I live in Michigan and we just had our 4th human death in my area from EEE. So ANYTHING that may encourage those devils is not being currently enjoyed. Breaks my heart to become a prisoner in my own home because between the mosquitoes and ticks, going into the beautiful outdoors has become dangerous and life threatening. And, of course, the tree huggers are up in arms because spraying has been suggested and done in some areas, but, they have created a stink so not done in others. Scary and frustrating. I agree we must take steps to preserve nature, but when human lives are being taken due to the diseases they carry it is time to draw the line and take steps to eliminate the carriers. Sorry about the soapbox but, these insects have gotten way out of hand and the tick and mosquito situation is totally out of control nation wide. Hopefully, next summer things will improve and we will, once again, feel safe in venturing outside to enjoy its magnificence. I hope you all don't have to worry and fear going into the great out-of-doors. Keep safe.

• Lorraine

Hopefully you don't have feral cats!!!!Maybe put a small opening fencing over it?

• Lorraine

Hopefully you don't have feral cats!!!!

• Earlene

Yes I will try this project. I want to do the teapot and teacup water garden. Where do I get the instructions?