Longhorn Wall Sconces

Cattle longhorns have some of the most beautiful coloring and texture. When I found a set at a moving sale, I snatched them up. I was unsure what I would do with them until now.....
Here are three views of the longhorns as wall sconces. I re-purposed some old wooden boards to use as their backdrop. Seasonal greenery can be added and is very easy to switch out as desired.
Here is the skull and horns that were found at the moving sale. It was simple to disconnect the horns from the skull. There were just a few screws and some roping holding it altogether.
This views shows a close up of how the jute was added and wrapped around the top of the horn. I used a simple braiding technique to make the hanging loop. You can find this tutorial on my blog as well.
And then a close up of the wall sconce filled with greenery and branches. All the neutral tones blend well together and the pop of grass green gives them such a fresh look.

26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Dandelion Patina

• Ken21396558

Just beautiful! These are already fantastic but now even more gorgeous with your enhancements. Did you do two wall sconces since you had the two horns? If so, my suggestion would be to make a collage. Place the skull (which I also love) on a similar board or one that mimics the horn colors. Then surround it at differing heights or unique placements with the two horn wall hangings. I bet it would look spectacular and be a major statement piece.
    Such a lovely idea. You are talented with a great eye! Well done.
  • Em

Thanks for the great idea. I have a long horn skull that used to be above my fireplace before I moved. The sheath covering you used for the sconce is a covering for the actual horn itself. Yours is either not from the same skull or the skeletal part where the covering that you used is broken away from the skull. I can display mine with or without the horn covering.
    No matter. it is a great idea and the colors with the battered wood look really nice.