Creating a Green & White Fall Mantel

$1
1 Minute

I love this time of year when the air turns crisp and the leaves start to fall. Hot apple cider, pumpkin scones, acorns, gourds, baby boo pumpkins, family…there are so many things that I love about Fall! But there’s one little thing that I don’t love. Decorating with orange. What can I say? Orange just isn’t in my comfort zone! Finding Fall decor that isn’t red, orange, and yellow is challenging, so this year, I just used items that I had on hand. Plant clippings, white pumpkins, hydrangea, and pinecones all mix together to create my version of a Fall mantel! I know that to many, green and white doesn’t seem like Fall colors, but to me, it looks like the area in which I live! I am surrounded by evergreen trees that don’t change color, as well as Sycamores that go from green to brown with nothing in between. Sure there are the occasional trees that have a beautiful display of Fall colors, but I don’t see any surrounding my home and so to me, Fall is represented by green and brown…and my love of white pumpkins. :)
The backdrop is my large gold frame that I picked up at an antique faire and turned into a chalkboard. I layered another frame and a wreath on top of it since I didn't actually write on it for this mantel vignette.
These are my favorite pumpkins!
Books, books, and more books! I find decorating uses for books all over my house. :)
These hydrangea blossoms used to be blue but have now turned to this lovely shade of green.
I picked up this beautiful tureen not long ago and couldn't resist adding it to the mantel.

• Stuff
  • Stuff

31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Kim {Tidbits&Twine}