The Guest Bedroom-Vintage And on a Budget

The guest bedroom was one of those projects that got started, but took eons to finish. I'd finally had enough and worked on getting it finished last week. Now I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders!
The goal of this room was to make it feel cozy, collected and do this on a budget. This was easy to do with vintage finds and clearance items.
Everything started with a headboard built from reclaimed cedar fence posts. We attached them to the wall using two 1X2's that were drilled into the studs. Then each board was screwed in to the 1X2's and finally white washed with some watered down chalky finish paint.
All the details are on the blog.
Reclaimed headboard made with cedar fence posts.
I sewed the pillow covers and recovered the bench at the end of the bed with drapery panels I purchased on clearance at Target for $5 and fabric I had leftover from other projects.
This adorable metal and porcelain top table with chrome legs, I scored at Goodwill for $6.99! All it needed was some cleaning and it was good to go.
The cabinet is a $25 estate sale find which I painted, changed the hardware and upholstered with fabric inside.
Easy and inexpensive art? Use embroidery hoops from thrift stores and frame fabric swatches.
Tarnished silver teapots make great vases.
Everything here is vintage. That cute little mid century modern yellow vinyl chair was a $6 Goodwill score. After a good scrubbing, it looks brand new.

Melody

• Leo2260481

what color is the paint on the walls ? also whats the color on GRANDPA'S walls,

• Melody

I wish I knew the answer for you! We bought this house from someone else and they had the entire house painted in this same exact color...even the garage, but there's no leftover paint. Makes it tough for touch ups, but we have since had the entire house, except for this room, painted. I tried to have it color matched, but never found an exact match. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

• Sarah

Beautiful

• Carole White

Looks fabulous!! Lots of great ideas in this space...gotta say I'm totally envious of that vintage desk...$6.99??!!!!! Lucky you :)