Debi Willhoite
Debi Willhoite
  • Mount Dora, FL

DIY Pussy Willow Branches With Q-Tips!

When you want something and don't have it, don't want to go traveling around to find it, don't want to spend the money for over priced stuff to decorate with, what do you do? You figure out a way to MAKE it Yourself!
diy pussy willow branches q tips, crafts, home decor, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
I was looking at a blog that had some sweater vase cozies that I liked alot and was going to make some. But it was what they had in the vase that I wanted too! I loved how it all looked together. That is what started this whole idea! All of a sudden I had this slap in the head brain fizz moment and saw q-tips in my mind! Well when you think about it, pussy willows do look like the cotton tip of a q-tip don't you think so too? So I yelled out loud to nobody, I can make them with q-tips and some tree branches from the woods I bet!
I right away got all the stuff I thought I would need and was going to see if it would work. And to my amazing surprise I pulled it off and I got my pussy willows for free...sitting right at home, and they look amazing! They look just like the real thing and I was jumping up and down excited and happy!
These are the items I used along with my glue gun and a deep sided bowl...you'll see why I mention that bowl on the blog in the tutorial.
I really love them and they worked perfectly for what I wanted! I got some new vases and pussy willows both and I didn't spend a dime! A great centerpiece! See more on the blog along with the diy if you want to make some too! It was easy! A bit time consuming with all the branches I had to cover, but so worth it to me. I have no idea why I thought of this, I've seen pussy willows around my whole life, but I'm glad I did! I have another idea to make for Christmas using the same idea just different stuff. I also thought of another way to use q-tips while I was working on this too! I can't wait to bring those to life! But I love my pussy willows a lot! They look so much better in person! When I have some time I might take some of my craft paint and water down some pale grey and light yellow and dab them on the bottoms....I didn't think of that until after I was finished...but the base of it is done!

Debi Willhoite

• Kay2948353

how do I share this with a friend

• Tikva Morrow

@Kaywhite20 Use the share buttons at the top left corner of the post. If you want to email it, expand the button options by clicking the grey double-arrow button and you'll get the email option (the envelope). Good luck!