DIY Cinder Block Vertical Planter

You may have seen other cinder block planters circulating the internet. Well we decided to post a version ourselves, because they’re just… so. darn. cool. We wanted to try one of our own, but do it a little different. So we went up! We made this DIY cinder block planter go vertical, and we did it in an afternoon. The cool thing about this project, is you can pretty much make it as big or small as you want…
how to make cinder block vertical planter, container gardening, diy, gardening, repurposing upcycling
We capped the bottom of the planter section with metal flashing squares and some landscape adhesive. Get all the details on our blog and see our step by step tutorial.
Here's what we started with. Bought everything from Home Depot. Ended up being a pretty affordable project!
An arial view of the finished planter.
As all the plants grow, it will continue to look better and better as the plants start cascading over the sides etc... More details on our blog. Stop by and check it out!
Kathy Woodard @ TBD•TGG•DYSS

• Susan

When staggering, how long do you have to stand there and hold it?

• For us, the landscape adhesive grabbed pretty quickly, but depending on how you do your tower, you may want to prop up any blocks that are hanging out over night with a box or something... Hope that helped!

• Diane

Is this safe around small children? I remember hearing about a toddler killed. when a cement bench fell.

• Susie

Ur right, Louise. I would not have around small kids. They love to climb. 😏

• Anna Sarnes

I was wondering about the safety issue around children?

• Joan Stanley

I really like this! Brings interest to higher levels than the plants on the ground. I'd use the rebar for safety insurance from roudy dogs. 😀

• Susie

I love the look of this. Thanks for sharing.