Mom4Real
Mom4Real
  • Lexington, KY

How To Get Rid Of Mildew Smell On Towels and Clothes

I've been noticing a weird mildew smell coming from our laundry room, so I went on a hunt to find out what was causing it. I found a crumpled up towel that wreaked of mildew behind our washer that must have gotten left there when our hot water tank leaked. I washed it as I normally do my laundry, but the mildew smell persisted. So, I decided to try a trick that I read about in a magazine years ago...it
the magic secret to fresh fluffy towels and eliminating, cleaning tips, home maintenance repairs, how to
Mildewed towel.
The magic product...vinegar!
Pour in washer with NO DETERGENT, and wash on hot...
Towels come out fresh and fluffy...mildew smell gone! If the smell still persists, I have one more trick up my sleeve! To view more details and tons of cleaning tips, visit my blog, below!
Mom4Real

• Nina jordan-smith

Another way to get rid of any smells (mildew, pet...anything) is to put OdoBan in during the rinse cycle. There are so many fragrances now to use. OdoBan is the best. I clean my carpets both in the house and car with it...I use it to clean everything.

• Linda

OdoBan has a wonderfully clean odor if used properly. I had a dog kennel for years and diluting the OdoBan left all my pens and floors smelling like the fresh air. Many compliments over the years from my buyers on how clean everything smelled :-)

• Holly Kay

Thank you! I think that's a very helpful post for all of us. It is true that sometimes even if we wash the towels they still smell bad.