Orange Pomanders & the Scents of Christmas

To make our home merry and bright these Holidays I made my own Christmas decorations. My kids helped me make orange pomanders and dried orange and cinnamon ornaments.
how to make orange pomanders for christmas, christmas decorations, home decor
To make the ornaments you start by drying sliced oranges in the oven overnight. Our oven was set at about 75 degrees Celsius or 170 Fahrenheit.
The next day you simply attach a cinnamon stick to each slice of orange with some twine. Et viola, homemade Christmas decorations that smell divine!
We made also made pomanders with oranges and cloves-they smell wonderful, especially when placed on a platter with some evergreens and tea light candles.
The house really smells like Christmas now!
For more Christmas ideas please visit my Christmas blog http://keepingthechristmasspiritalive365.blogspot.com/
Natasha In Oz

• Ard7370318

Both of these have been done for centuries but this is a good way to teach the younger generation how to do them so they don't die out! They make your home smell wonderful, are cheap to make and pretty to look at. We used to do this as kids at grandmas house way back in the early 60's but I haven't done it in years! I think I just might make some this year to bring back all those wonderful memories of Christmases we spent at granny's house all those years ago! Thanks for reminding me!

• Ard7370318

We also paired these with popcorn balls, popcorn string garlands and cranberry sting garlands hung on our Christmas tree! People may have been poorer back then but we still figured out how to make Christmas pretty and special to us all. I still remember making all kinds of candy with grandma and my late brother and how much fun we had pulling homemade taffee as well as making fudge, pralines, caramel popcorn balls, etc. Her house smelled so good!