Orange Pomanders & the Scents of Christmas

280K Views
To make our home merry and bright these Holidays I made my own Christmas decorations. My kids helped me make orange pomanders and dried orange and cinnamon ornaments.
  • how to make orange pomanders for christmas, christmas decorations, home decor
To make the ornaments you start by drying sliced oranges in the oven overnight. Our oven was set at about 75 degrees Celsius or 170 Fahrenheit.
The next day you simply attach a cinnamon stick to each slice of orange with some twine. Et viola, homemade Christmas decorations that smell divine!
We made also made pomanders with oranges and cloves-they smell wonderful, especially when placed on a platter with some evergreens and tea light candles.
The house really smells like Christmas now!
For more Christmas ideas please visit my Christmas blog http://keepingthechristmasspiritalive365.blogspot.com/

Suggested materials for this project:

Natasha In Oz

Ask a Question