Painted Therapy
Painted Therapy
  • Nashua, NH

Make your own rustic wall ruler

Need to add a little rustic to your home full of crayons and stuffed animals? Throw away those paper wall rulers and make your own! I found this great old barn door at the landfill and screamed with delight when I laid eyes on it. I took just one of the pieces of wood, sanded it down, used permanent marker to make all the lines and numbers, sealed it with a wax, and hung that bad boy on the wall. We mark the kid's height right on it. I love functional and beautiful decor. :)
make your own rustic wall ruler, doors, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
LOVE my landfill find!
LOVE my landfill find!
Double thumbs up from Jack!
Double thumbs up from Jack!
Painted Therapy

• Jay10069116

What's the height of the numbers

• Scott

How do you put numbers and lines on the stick

• Painted Therapy

Hi Scott, just follow the markings on a regular ruler and I use a square to draw the line with a permanent marker.

• Jen Fortie Jarvie

Will you share where you found the metal holder/box hanging next to the ruler?? Thank you! I love this project!

Iv got to av a go at this good picture

• Lma.mja2014

I have been wanting to make a couple of these for the kids I Nanny for and my grandsons too I just don't know about the lines and numbers to get it accurate?