Make Wooden Presents for the Porch

I used wooden lattice, furring strips and pine wood to make "presents" for the porch. Fill them with twinkle lights for festive Christmas decor.
how to make wooden present christmas decorations for the, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
Creating three different sizes to display together looks best. My porch steps are 9 and 1/2 inches deep so the boxes are made to fit on them.
This particular gift is made with a stripe effect and embellished with a red sparkly snow flake. Burlap looks great and it's the most durable fabric to use for outdoor decor.
The tall box is two toned with green and white.
The tops can be made with lattice, too. I cut the lattice with a table saw.
Down to Earth Holly

• Maryanne V. Tubbs

Why not use milk crates? You could weight down with a brick (if they are going on the porch). You can still wrap and decorate them and the light will shine through the holes.

• Aar12861354

What a great lamp design ideas – it would be absolutely beautiful! - Aarsun Woods