A Tiffany Blue Hannukah

For years I’ve enjoyed the ever-present glimmer that’s everywhere in December. Yet the one thing I always long for is tasteful inspiration to decorate for Hannukah.
hanukkah table decor in blue, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
Many of my favorite magazines and websites offer the most beautiful Christmas decor, but much of what’s available for Hannukah is juvenile or bland. So, I decided to put together my own spin on a lovely Hannukah, and based it around the magic of Tiffany blue.
The centerpiece of any Hannukah table is the menorah which holds the candles. Known as the festival of lights, Hannukah commemorates the victory over an oppressive ruler, when after a revolt, the temple menorah had only enough oil to burn for one day, yet miraculously burned for eight. The silver menorah shown here is a wonderfully artful piece I bought when visiting Israel.
Because Hannukah is celebrated for eight days, many people buy 8 small gifts for their loved ones, to be given one each night after the candles are lit and the blessings recited.
Traditional Hannukah foods include those made with oil, signifying the oil in the menorah. Potato latkes are the most well known, but also popular are jelly filled donuts called sufganiyot (pretty much pronounced the way it’s spelled, if that’s possible…) To read more and see the rest of the photos,please visit the blog at the link below.
Lory @ Designthusiasm

• Moe Mernick

Love it, Lory! Where can I buy some of those items? Happy Hannukah, Moe

• Lory @ Designthusiasm

@Moe Mernick Dunkin donuts? Just kidding. The menorah is from Israel, but the wrapping is all from Paper Source (except for the actual Tiffany boxes). I have a link to Paper Source in the original post on the blog, so you can just click the link above to find it. Happy Hanukkah to you too!!