How To Age A Brand New Door

I LOVE Old doors, I just don't have the space to store them, and good thing because I would collect them until my hearts content!
I have had some really cool doors in the past, like a 5 panel 1940's in house swing door that sold to a client as a headboard! BEASTLY heavy but super cool!
This time I wanted to try my hand at making a brand new 5 panel door look old! This is what I did...
how to age a brand new door, diy, doors, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
Grab yourself is a brand new 5 panel in house door
Grab your van Gogh Fossil Paint Embossing Plaster and a 'look alike' tin tile stencil. I bought this stencil from Muddaritavillestudio.com. She's a friend of mine and awesome! Apply your embossing plaster through the stencil.
I chose to do the stencil on every panel all the way down the door. Let the plaster dry, if where you are is warm and sunny it's perfect to let dry outside!
OOPS, this pics was taken in the wrong order. You paint your first color over your dried embossing plaster and entire door. I painted mine in Zepplin Gray
I then painted the entire door in Compassion Pink. I distressed the [ink paint back to the grey all over the place to make it distressed looking. I finished it off with the van Gogh Antique Glaze for that perfect time worn look!
--SWOON-- Look at it close up, and for the fairytale ending I added this cast iron door knob to the door!
~BAM~ So super cool and old looking!! What do you think?
Ava Blake Creations

• Carolina

love this! so now what are you going to do with the door?

• Heje

Is the same technique used on the other side of the door?

• Tinkerbellabell

I think it’s gorgeous, remains of my aunts house. I want you. It really is beautifi

Janice

• Tinkerbellabell

Sorry, I’m not hitting on you. The beautiful door reminded me of my favorite Aunts house. Her bedroom was Victorian and her bed was so tall. My room needs something . It’s half Victorian. You have a great door.Thanks. Janice

• Dmotan

It looks great. My only suggestion is to work on the handle as it looks brand new and after many years of wear, it would be scratched, dented and paint worn off.

• Shuganne

It does look phenomenal!

(I usually cringe at painting wood, but this was hollow core and rescued from the trash, so I won't mention it.)

I agree the doorknob should look a bit worn. It should also have those bright steel screws painted black. They scream "new!"

I have bi-pass doors on one closet and I hate them. The overhead track is off the straight and narrow (and they keep falling off on my toes - you'd think a woman would learn!) so I'm going to use that as a good reason to change them out. Habitat Resale, here I come!