DIY Scrubbing Cleanser

$1

Using only baking soda, vinegar and dish detergent you can make your own scrubbing cleanser and eliminate yet another costly cleaning product from your home AND get awesome results!

DIY Scrubbing Cleanser Paste.

This DIY scrubbing cleanser is easy to make and can be used in the kitchen, bathroom, or anywhere you need a little extra scrubbing power using inexpensive products.

The three ingredients needed to make your own scrubbing cleanser.

You only need three ingredients and you probably already have them in your home.

Stove top before

Here is my stove top before.....

Stove top after

and here is my stove top after using the DIY scrubbing cleanser. You can see more before and after photos of other items I used this cleaner on and get all of the details on my blog in this post: https://thehowtohome.com/diy-eco-friendly-and-money-saving-scrubbing-cleanser/

• Baking Soda  (Aldi's)
  • Dawn  (Sam's Club)
  • Heinz Cleaning Vinegar  (Walmart)

Mary Beth @ The How to Home

• Candace Jerome

I want to try this but need to know how much of each to mix together can't read it on the picture.

• Diana Lupie Mercado

This is a must in my home.

• Brenda Haney Everett

I tried the ammonia on my stove grates..WORKED..only problem, the ammonia does eat through the plastic bag some. YIKES! So I put it all in a old plastic trash can, sounds redundant I know, but it was thicker so it was ok. The smell is bad of course, so I put it in my garage overnight and the next morning when I brought them back in..just a few spots left. I took a sponge/scratcher to go over each one. 13 years of crud, gone overnight. I had tried other methods, even oven cleaners, but never could get them clean. I will not be waiting 13 years to clean them again. Best DIY ever.

• Hi Brenda - I'm glad it worked for you. I didn't use a plastic bag for mine - I mixed it in a glass bowl and I've always used everything I've mixed but I would think if you're going to store it that you could store it in a glass jar. Thanks for letting me know about the thicker plastic working.