Save Your Tin Cans

I've been saving tin cans with the idea of finding a use for them one day. I have saved many sizes - my daughter thinks that when someone starts saving "garbage," they are bonafide hoarders. Well I beg to differ. Maybe I will send her one of these and see what she thinks.
You must wear leather gloves. Tin is sharp until you sand the edges. I use Tin snips and needle nose pliers.
Cut your cans in petal shapes. I try and make different shaped petals for contrast. Spread the petals and pull down; then drill a hole in center of each can. Make sure you sand the edges of each petal - it's not as hard as you think. I used a nail emery board for the first one. Spray paint - I used an enamel white and I did one in yellow. Let them dry completely. Find a draw pull that would work for a center
This was a draw pull I got from Hobby Lobby for .50 a few years ago. Slip petal onto screw back of pull I then hammered an aluminum pole flat on the end and drilled a hole in it to secure the draw pull and added the bolt.

Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps

• Patsey R
    Patsey R

How did you attach the rod to the back of the flower and what did you use for the rod?

• Veronica Medina
      Veronica Medina

the post explains every step. “Aluminum post, hammered flat, drill hole, that goes through screw also. I assume tighten bolt on back of all of that (pull should come with a bolt”

• Penny
    Penny

Can you provide more information on how to cut the petals please?

• Suzanne Bowman
    Suzanne Bowman

I’m not sure I understand “...then hammered an aluminum pole flat on the end and drilled a hole in it to secure the draw pull and added the bolt.” Is that for a stem on the flower? So just flatten out an inch or two to act as a washer for the nut and affix a stem to the flower?

• Patsey R
    Patsey R

I can do this! Thank you so much.

• Erikita
    Erikita

I went to home goods and see this flowers so pretty and read your project and I can definitely try to do this is fun, looks beautiful and inexpensive thanks