DIY Fizzing Toilet Cleaning Tablets

What's more disgusting than cleaning a toilet? Not much! I'm not saying that you will never have to clean your toilet at all, but in between those times, you can use these easy to make fizzing toilet cleaning tabs to keep your toilet sanitized and fresh smelling! You just toss them in and they fiz and do all of the cleaning work so you don't have to!
You will need baking soda, citric acid, and lavender, lemon and peppermint essential oils.
Mix together in a large bowl.
Now, slowly add water. You will hear fizzing while everything is combining. Once your mixture reaches the consistancy of a snowball, it's ready!
Smooth the mixture into an ice cube tray. There will be some expanding, so after about an hour, you can remove the excess and use it to fill another ice cube tray.
Let them dry overnight and pop them out. They will be really light and airy, and your whole house will smell amazing!
Now throw one or two in your toilet and watch it do it's work! Leave for about 15-20 minutes, then flush away! For exact ingredient amounts and tons more DIY cleaning solutions and tricks, hop on over to Mom 4 Real by clicking the link below!

Mom4Real

• Mary

Where is tha amount for this recipe

• Pallet Man

What does the sodium citrate (baking soda + citric acid) do besides emulsify the lemon oil? It has no value as a cleaning agent. The bubbling does nothing. It just releases CO2.

• Melissa Franchina

where can I buy citric acid from?

• Ann

Grocery store in the canning supplies too!!

• Cheryl

Please know that many essential oils are toxic to cats, not just orally but also if they are absorbed through their skin. Peppermint oil is one. For more info see this article: https://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/blog/essential-oils-cats/

• Sophie

Thank you!!! I have a couple of feline fur babies and have used peppermint in my house. I SURE WON'T USE IT ANY LONGER!!!

And, I'm going to read your list.

😽💕

• Jill Krol

These are basically bath bombs. I know, because I've made thousands.