Mom4Real
Mom4Real
  • Lexington, KY

DIY Fizzing Toilet Cleaning Tablets

What's more disgusting than cleaning a toilet? Not much! I'm not saying that you will never have to clean your toilet at all, but in between those times, you can use these easy to make fizzing toilet cleaning tabs to keep your toilet sanitized and fresh smelling! You just toss them in and they fiz and do all of the cleaning work so you don't have to!
You will need baking soda, citric acid, and lavender, lemon and peppermint essential oils.
Mix together in a large bowl.
Now, slowly add water. You will hear fizzing while everything is combining. Once your mixture reaches the consistancy of a snowball, it's ready!
Smooth the mixture into an ice cube tray. There will be some expanding, so after about an hour, you can remove the excess and use it to fill another ice cube tray.
Let them dry overnight and pop them out. They will be really light and airy, and your whole house will smell amazing!
Now throw one or two in your toilet and watch it do it's work! Leave for about 15-20 minutes, then flush away! For exact ingredient amounts and tons more DIY cleaning solutions and tricks, hop on over to Mom 4 Real by clicking the link below!
Mom4Real

• Bet32251939

How much of each ingredient do you use to make the cleaning tablets?

• Pam

It DOES NOT give amount of water to use. Is there a certain amount of water? Or just spray it in and mix until you guess the consistancy that writer was getting. What u say it is supposed to feel like, could be DIFFERENT for different people. My 26 year old daughter does not think the same way I do on this consistency, so exact amount of water would probably be a good idea.

• Shelley Kennedy

First, I'm so happy your using quality essential oils like Young Living. You don't need so many drops as it's so concentrated! Question is what kind of store would you find citric acid & how expensive is it? Thank you!

• Patricia

Is this safe for septic system?

• Michelle Linn

Thank you for this non bleach alternative. I have a septic system. I don't want any harsh chemicals, bleach especially to be in the system. I haven't once had to get my septic pumped so far for 7 years and still going. I was guilty at first of using bleach occasionally, some paint and other things not so great but I've made a good effort and once it does need to be pumped, I'll make sure it won't happen again. If you maintain the bacteria.... shouldn't have to be pumped and certainly not every 3 years like the professionals recommended. I use baking soda and vinegar but this would smell much better. I can see using it in other cleaning applications as well.

• Allyson

There’s no list of how much for the ingredients

• I have bought most my items on amazon. Might try searching there or search the web for some ideas on exact products you will need.