How to Make a Boxwood Wreath

I LOVE the look of a preserved boxwood wreath. I just don't like the fact that they can't take much weather, so I can't hang one on my front door! So, when I found this artificial greenery, I knew I had found the way to get boxwood on my front door! Here is a step by step tutorial to make your own!
how to make a boxwood wreath, crafts, how to, wreaths
The finished product...a super full boxwood wreath. This one can be made in an hour!
You will start with a grapevine wreath and floral wire. Use the floral wire to make a small hanger on the back of the wreath. I find that it is easier to work on a wreath when it is hanging!
And 2 types of greenery. This flowing bush will be the base of the wreath and will help to cover the grapevine.
Cut each strand of the vine from the base of the stem. Wire on the pieces one at the time until the base is covered. Tuck the ends of the stems into the grapevine wreath.
It will look something like this when you are done with that step.
Next, cut each piece of boxwood from the stem and push all of the leaves to the top. {I found all of my greenery at Hobby Lobby - it feels like plastic, but it has a very realistic look!}
Apply hot glue to the ends of the stems and insert them into the wreath. Work in a circle until the wreath is full!
I used 1 bunch of greenery for the base and 2 bunches of the boxwood.
And here is the finished product! Ready for my front door!
DaisyMaeBelle - Melissa

• Jelayne

That's not boxwood. Not even fake boxwood.

• The21766832

Maybe, but in the South, you can't hang preserved boxwood outside, even on a covered porch, so...

• Kathie taylor

Does it matter? Having been a floral designer, what she's done is lovely. In Florida, that plastic stuff probably wont last more than two seasons....