Peg Board Spice Rack

A friend of mine is moving to a new home, and she mentioned to me that she has never had a spice rack. Around this time, I was putting together ideas for my monthly DIY blog challenge. Our chosen item this month is a peg board, so I used mine to make a spice rack for my friend.
I started with a picture frame I already had. I forgot to take a before photo of that, but it was the type shown below, with 3 windows for pictures. I used this because it was already framed and had hooks on the back for easy hanging.
At Home Depot, they cut my peg board to size so it would fit in my existing frame. I removed the glass and cardboard from the frame and replaced it with the peg board. I started with attaching measuring spoons with peg board hooks.
I picked up spice jars with black lids, and chalk board labels for the tops. After they were filled and labeled, I attached two spice jar holders to the rack and just popped them in.
Because peg board only comes in large sheets, I have some leftover. I'm thinking of using the leftover to add to this. I may use it to attach some hanging herb planters next.
Stop by and see what everyone else made out of their peg boards!

TheHoneycombHome

• Kathleen Church

I have a huge frame that I got for a picture. But I changed my mind , so I'll try your idea on spice rack!!!

• Sharon

This looks like a great idea for a craft room as well. I'm thinking those clips might work for craft paint as well.