Have a Rotted Tree in Your Yard? Build a Fairy Door!

My rotted tree in my back yard. I have wanted to do something with this tree for quite some time.
Decided to cover up the hole with a Fairy door.
I bought a piece of quarter inch plywood to use for the door. I drew the door pattern to fit the hole, and cut it out.
Used the jig saw to cut around the outline.
I made a pattern for the hinges and cut them out. I had ample wood left over, so I made the hinges out of wood.
I used paint for the door and hinges that I already had on the shelf in the garage. Keeping the cost for this project on a shoestring budget.
Found me a tree limb that would work for a door handle. Found just the piece I needed. The tree needed trimming anyway. I didn't want to paint it, so I used "clear Coat" on it. It took about four coats.
The finished project!...total cost was $8.21.
I decided to add a window to the Fairy Door!

15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute

• Dda22508589
    Dda22508589

If you don't have a tree stump, why can't you use a large piece of trimmed wood from the tree and set it upright?
  • Yvonne 'Nan' Larson
    Yvonne 'Nan' Larson

How did you make pattern for the door? So it would fit the door space.
  • Ericka Nicole Dixon
    Ericka Nicole Dixon

R those two diffrent doors!?? Its looks like it from looking at the tops of the doors
    • Chrissy Wells
      Chrissy Wells

John, Of course I had to check what you noticed but, From what I can see and think is......the pictures are taken as she made the adjustments to fit the tree. It looks like at one point she tried the door inside the tree and then decided it looked better on the outside. Which it does look better that way.

• Kelly-n-Tony
    Kelly-n-Tony

You did a wonderful job with this fairy tree!
  • Jiw20176941
    Jiw20176941

I have several stumps where we have recently had to cut down trees or bushes. I have plans for all of them!