A Southern Screened Porch

Our screened porch was drab and uninviting. We turned it into an outdoor haven by filling it with everything we love. The best part is that it was done on a budget!
Bi-fold doors from a thrift store add lots of texture and make a perfect backdrop to a small chest and a piece of art that was made from a free printable.
Faded and ugly old outdoor chair cushions were given new life with two coats of chalk paint. And yes, the chalk paint is waterproof once the cushions have been "baked" in the hot sun.
Adding a "candelier" and some small round trays to the columns gives the space definition and makes it feel more like a room than just a wide open space.
Lush and full plants in multi level containers help to fill an otherwise empty corner.
The table provides a perfect spot for enjoying a glass of ice cold tea on a hot afternoon. A battery operated remote control candle adds a romantic, soft glow to meals eaten on the porch at night.
BEFORE the porch was drab and uninviting.

Suzy @ Worthing Court Blog

• Juli Howland

Love this!!!!! Nice job!

• Diana of all Trades

I absolutely LOVE your porch. Just bought a 40 year old mobil home and renovated the inside and now I'm working on the outside. Was wondering what to do about my chair cushions. Now I know. I put several pics on my FB page. Thanks so much for sharing.