Refinished Tray Table

$40

The pictures and process of refinishing a cute little table I "borrowed" from my moms house!
refinished tray table, chalk paint, painted furniture
This cute little table has had quite a journey. I never would have thought to paint it, but it was badly scratched on the top, and the rest of it was in great condition. I used Chalky Finish paint from Deco Arts so that I wouldn't have to sand it down completely.
The table before
The tray top was really damaged and the finish was peeling in many places
Tray table after
Better view of the top.
I used a stiff flat brush to dab the dark grey paint onto the stencil. I was worried that it would bleed through onto the table, but even when I brushed it on, the stencil stayed in place. I also dabbed excess paint onto a plastic bag (just what I had on hand).
All the supplies used. Brushes, paint, cream wax, spray adhesive, stencil, and a plastic bag!
The two paint colors, and the wax I used. This is by far my favorite wax of all the other brands I have used, as it is more liquid and I can get a streak free finish with it.
For colors and paint details, and other projects check out the full post on my blog. http://brooklynberrydesigns.com/2015/05/tray-table-transformation/
Brooke Berry