DIY Tomato Cage Bird Bath

5 materials
$20
I needed a small bird bath that would withstand the Florida sun and heat. Not easy to find. So, whats a gardener to do? Make one!
Items you need: Any size and color tomato cage Wire cutters Outdoor spray paint in a color of your choice Polyurethane clear spray Terracotta pot bottom the same size as the top of your tomato cage I chose a green tomato cage to be hidden in the garden but there are so many fun colors out there today to choose from. I also took my terracotta pot bottom and painted it with a couple coats of outdoor blue paint I had in the garage and also spray sealed it. I thought the color of the blue gave it a swimming pool effect.
I had hubby cut off right above the bottom ring of the tomato cage so it wouldn’t be so high in the garden. You wouldn’t have to do this if you have a larger garden or want it to be tall and let plants grow up the tomato cage.
Insert the tomato cage in the garden and just lay the pot bottom on top and fill with water. What I also love about the bird bath is its so easy to clean. Just take off the top, wash off and refill with water. The paint has held up nicely with no chipping. So be sure to seal it before using it with a good poly urethane clear spray.
I have a pair of doves who especially love stopping by for a morning drink. This project is super easy to make. You can read more about my DIY Tomato Cage Bird Bath and other garden ideas in the link below.

• Wire tomato cage
  • Wire cutters
  • Outdoor spray paint
Tammy - My Life Abundant

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

2 of 177 comments
Next