Dollar Store Bandanas Help Create a Unique NO SEW July 4th Banner!

I was passing thru an aisle at the Dollar Store and happened to see these blue and white bandanas. I have no idea, but when I see Blue and White Bandanas, I always tend to think JULY 4TH. My mind started working, and I immediately visualized a Bandana and Burlap Stenciled Banner. This is how I did it!
Red and Blue Dollar Store Bandanas. Who would look at them and instantly think "No Sew America Burlap Banner?" Well, I guess that would be ME! :)
I purchased (2) packages of burlap pennants at Hobby Lobby, but you could also cut out your own with a length of burlap.
Next, the Stenciling. I used very basic letters, easy to read. I stenciled "A-M-E-R-I-C-A" all in red, but you could create any word or saying in any color.
I even created two smaller pennants for each end of the banner, with a reverse-stencil design, that featured a heart.
I cut out the bandana pennant about 1-1/2" larger than the burlap pennant, and adhered them together with hot glue, leaving about 2" between each pennant.
The stenciled pennants were added to a length of jute, leaving about a 2" space between each.
Finally, ribbons and cut fabric strips and jute pieces were tied between the 2" openings between the pennants. Once it was all together, I ended up with this....
I great addition to our picket fence. I alternated the blue and red bandanas as seen above. This is a longer banner, but you could create a smaller one for a mantel or shelf, etc.
My sweet granddaughter modeled her flag t-shirt. :)
I think this is a great way to show my American pride and Patriotic spirit.
For a more in-depth tutorial on how I put this banner together, please click on the link below and visit my blog, The Everyday Home.

How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett

• Lynn
    Lynn

Soooooooo cute
  • Teresa
    Teresa

I love it , great also because it’s no - sew. It seems pretty simple and sooo cute!