String Art Flag!

I made a string art flag on pallet wood last year for a party we hosted (A Vintage Parade and Picnic). The precess was easy but took a little time...I love the muted colors and had to dye the string to get exactly what I wanted...
string art flag on pallet wood, crafts, how to, pallet, patriotic decor ideas, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
The flag hung over our waterfall for the party...
And then we put it over the fireplace opening during the summer months...
Besides putting together pallet wood to make a back drop, all you need is :
*Cotton String *Food Color *Small Nails *Masking Tape (I got all of these things at the grocery store!)
Tape off your flag...
Use food color to dye your string ...the longer you soak the string the darker it gets...
Use a ruler to know exactly where to hammer the nails in...I added nails every couple of inches...
Knot the end of your string around a nail and then criss-cross the string between all your nails in each row...
As you add each row, remover masking tape...
Add stars and your done!
This project is really worth every bit of time it took...it's a real WOW piece and I love it! More details on the blog...
All Things Heart and Home

• Betty

Beautiful. How many times did you go back & forth to cover nails?

• Betty

What were your measurements ?? How many times did you go back & forth