Rope Wrapped Cans

$10

Between a drought & our small budget, it's a good time to make some beautiful backyard decor with succulents & some not so obvious items- recycled cans.
The finished look is rustic & elegant and look very much like Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware. But of course without the big price tag.
We hope you will come see the original blog post for a list of supplies, instructions and pictures. They are easy to make and we love the look.

We also have many more affordable and easy to make projects that help bring a frug-elegant look to your home too.

• Cans
  • Craft

31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
FrugElegance

• Terrie
    Terrie

The planters are stunning. Love them. But I have always wondered when planting in metal cans if they rust from watering and if so does the rust hurt the plants?

• Lisa Dye
      Lisa Dye

Use styrofoam packing peanuts instead of pebbles or rocks for drainage. If the pebbles have limestone, they'll change the ph of the soil as the lime leeches into it whenever you water. You can save the peanuts from packages or buy bags of them where you buy office supplies, home improvement stuff, or UPS, FedEx, or USPS. They're reusable too. Just knock them off the bottom of the soil when you go to repot. If a plant grows long roots, it can grow right into the peanuts without any problems.

• Lycelaboabo
    Lycelaboabo

I loved your idea..but I wander, what kind of plants you've planted..

• Jean polhamus
    Jean polhamus

What kind of rope is used?

• Rhonda
    Rhonda

I love this project I believe I’m going to try it! I love the look!

• Doreen Kennedy
    Doreen Kennedy

I love your rope planters. They would be perfect for my succulents. Guess I better take them in before nighttime temperature dips below 32 degrees. Thanks for the idea.