Rope Wrapped Cans

$10

Between a drought & our small budget, it's a good time to make some beautiful backyard decor with succulents & some not so obvious items- recycled cans.
The finished look is rustic & elegant and look very much like Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware. But of course without the big price tag.
We hope you will come see the original blog post for a list of supplies, instructions and pictures. They are easy to make and we love the look.

We also have many more affordable and easy to make projects that help bring a frug-elegant look to your home too.

• Cans
  • Craft

FrugElegance

• Julie Maney

Do you poke any holes in the can?

• Julie Maney

Thank you so much. I have a big planter full of hen and chicks. These would make cute gifts. Just wish I had some cans. Great idea!

• Terrie

The planters are stunning. Love them. But I have always wondered when planting in metal cans if they rust from watering and if so does the rust hurt the plants?

• Lisa Dye

Use styrofoam packing peanuts instead of pebbles or rocks for drainage. If the pebbles have limestone, they'll change the ph of the soil as the lime leeches into it whenever you water. You can save the peanuts from packages or buy bags of them where you buy office supplies, home improvement stuff, or UPS, FedEx, or USPS. They're reusable too. Just knock them off the bottom of the soil when you go to repot. If a plant grows long roots, it can grow right into the peanuts without any problems.

• Lycelaboabo

I loved your idea..but I wander, what kind of plants you've planted..

• Rhonda

I love this project I believe I’m going to try it! I love the look!

• Doreen Kennedy

I love your rope planters. They would be perfect for my succulents. Guess I better take them in before nighttime temperature dips below 32 degrees. Thanks for the idea.