Roadside Rescue: From Trash to Treasure

186 Views
I absolutely love spotting a great "find" alongside the road! I definitely feel that someone else's trash is my treasure! My greatest finds are those that I am not even looking for, they just happen to call my name as I am driving or walking by. This little table shouted my name as I was driving home from work. It happened to be in one of our neighbor's trash, and I couldn't believe my luck......only someone who was moving would get rid of this little gem. Right?
  • repainted side table, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
I turned the car around lickety split and tossed it into the back of the car. Yes, I am just a little embarrassed taking items out of people's trash!! I try to do it as quickly as I can.... praying that people are not spying on me from their windows.
The white paint was in pristine condition, but I wanted it to scream with color. I am obsessed with every shade of blue on the market these days, and happened to have a Valspar sample hanging around the house....
After a good cleaning, light sanding, 2 coats of blue paint and a very thorough sanding to distress it, I am in love with it. Now to decide where to put it in our home!!

Suggested materials for this project:

Shaunna @ Tempting Thyme

Ask a Question
      • Trixie63
        Trixie63 Waverly, OH

Way to go. I too am not above doing a bit of digging now and then. When my daughter was little we called it goofing around so my husband didn't know we were dumpster diving. I love the blue and know you will find the perfect place in your home.

• Hannah V
          Hannah V Brooklyn, NY

Lovin the new look!