Sherre M
Sherre M
  • Morristown, TN

How to Make a Marble Mosaic on an Old Window Frame!

I love stain glass, but it can also be very expensive! Here's my version of budget friendly one!
how to make a marble mosaic on an old window frame, how to, repurposing upcycling, tiling, windows
I got a bunch of old window frames from the restore for $5.00 dollars. I love them so much because of all the possibilities! This one I painted green with chalk paint.
Next I gathered my supply of glass marbles, river stones,& gule. I then took a marker & drew out my trees, rock wall grass & sun. This is going outside in my garden so I used a strong glue, LOCTITE GO2 GEL & glued right onto the glass panes. The glue dries clear so when it's hung both sides are pretty!
I did the rock wall, trees, grass, sun & small batch of pink flowers 1st. then filled in my sky. This isn't hard, just a little time-consuming!
Here I'm starting to fill it all in, I had to stop ever now & then to un-stick my finger!!!
And here it is! This is going outside in my garden, it looks beautiful with the sun shining thru! My husband is making me two rustic shutters to attach to the sides. thinking about doing a lake & cabin scene next! What do ya think?

• Tracie Bates

Did you break up the glass for the sun and the "bush" in the lower left corner?

Great project!!!

• Suzan Raja

Did u paste them on glass or hard board

• Sandye real

I absolutely love this but can’t tell what you did with the bush and the sun is it just ground glass?

• Bambi

Absolutely gorgeous. I have a bunch of those Windows all different sizes and various numbers of glass panes. Now you've given me an idea. Thank you so much for sharing!

• Fehmida Shaikh

Love it. I try. One day. I askd. YOU used glue???