How to Make a Marble Mosaic on an Old Window Frame!

I love stain glass, but it can also be very expensive! Here's my version of budget friendly one!
I got a bunch of old window frames from the restore for $5.00 dollars. I love them so much because of all the possibilities! This one I painted green with chalk paint.
Next I gathered my supply of glass marbles, river stones,& gule. I then took a marker & drew out my trees, rock wall grass & sun. This is going outside in my garden so I used a strong glue, LOCTITE GO2 GEL & glued right onto the glass panes. The glue dries clear so when it's hung both sides are pretty!
I did the rock wall, trees, grass, sun & small batch of pink flowers 1st. then filled in my sky. This isn't hard, just a little time-consuming!
Here I'm starting to fill it all in, I had to stop ever now & then to un-stick my finger!!!
And here it is! This is going outside in my garden, it looks beautiful with the sun shining thru! My husband is making me two rustic shutters to attach to the sides. thinking about doing a lake & cabin scene next! What do ya think?

Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers

• Rebecca Gray Ash

should the mosaic be on front facing side of glass, or can it be on backside, i am hanging mine over fireplace

• Vienna Sausage

So I have seen a unanswered question regarding the weight of the glass flat back stones as they were too heavy and her project broke. How did you avoid having the same outcome? I would like to make this but I'm not going to waste my time money and materials if it's just going to be too heavy and break.

• Andrea Bayard

I am also doing a window project but have a question. I bought some glass pebbles but they have a ceramic like back to them. Of course I need this to come off. any ideas how I can remove it????

• Ko

I used marbles and it was to heavy for the glass and it broke.

• Vienna Sausage

A reply to your question would have been nice because I, too, want to make this but not if it's going to be a complete waste of time, money and materials.

• Jan Thomas

If the glass marbles, flat backed, are too heavy try using buttons

• Vienna Sausage

Buttons then turns this into a completely different project. Because the stained-glass aspect of it is gone when you switch to opaque materials. Not trying to discredit your idea.