Sherre M
Sherre M
  • Morristown, TN

How to Make a Marble Mosaic on an Old Window Frame!

I love stain glass, but it can also be very expensive! Here's my version of budget friendly one!
I got a bunch of old window frames from the restore for $5.00 dollars. I love them so much because of all the possibilities! This one I painted green with chalk paint.
Next I gathered my supply of glass marbles, river stones,& gule. I then took a marker & drew out my trees, rock wall grass & sun. This is going outside in my garden so I used a strong glue, LOCTITE GO2 GEL & glued right onto the glass panes. The glue dries clear so when it's hung both sides are pretty!
I did the rock wall, trees, grass, sun & small batch of pink flowers 1st. then filled in my sky. This isn't hard, just a little time-consuming!
Here I'm starting to fill it all in, I had to stop ever now & then to un-stick my finger!!!
And here it is! This is going outside in my garden, it looks beautiful with the sun shining thru! My husband is making me two rustic shutters to attach to the sides. thinking about doing a lake & cabin scene next! What do ya think?

• Suzan Raja

Did u paste them on glass or hard board

• Sharonsgarden

This would be on glass to let the sun shine through. If your window does not have glass, you can get new ones cut, although for strength and safety, acrylic ones would be best. I believe most hardware stores have this.

• Sandye real

I absolutely love this but can’t tell what you did with the bush and the sun is it just ground glass?

• Rebecca Gray Ash

should the mosaic be on front facing side of glass, or can it be on backside, i am hanging mine over fireplace

• Ko

I used marbles and it was to heavy for the glass and it broke.

• Madeleine

What kind of marbles? Were they the flat bottomed ones used in vases? How big was your mosaic? I want to do this for a project for my daughter's class, but now I am worried!

• Jan Thomas

If the glass marbles, flat backed, are too heavy try using buttons