How to Make a Marble Mosaic on an Old Window Frame!

I love stain glass, but it can also be very expensive! Here's my version of budget friendly one!
I got a bunch of old window frames from the restore for $5.00 dollars. I love them so much because of all the possibilities! This one I painted green with chalk paint.
Next I gathered my supply of glass marbles, river stones,& gule. I then took a marker & drew out my trees, rock wall grass & sun. This is going outside in my garden so I used a strong glue, LOCTITE GO2 GEL & glued right onto the glass panes. The glue dries clear so when it's hung both sides are pretty!
I did the rock wall, trees, grass, sun & small batch of pink flowers 1st. then filled in my sky. This isn't hard, just a little time-consuming!
Here I'm starting to fill it all in, I had to stop ever now & then to un-stick my finger!!!
And here it is! This is going outside in my garden, it looks beautiful with the sun shining thru! My husband is making me two rustic shutters to attach to the sides. thinking about doing a lake & cabin scene next! What do ya think?

Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before

• Vienna Sausage
    Vienna Sausage

So I have seen a unanswered question regarding the weight of the glass flat back stones as they were too heavy and her project broke. How did you avoid having the same outcome? I would like to make this but I'm not going to waste my time money and materials if it's just going to be too heavy and break.

• Lady Blue
      Lady Blue

I made a series of these for my she-shed early last year. They were installed into the walls in the summer. One of my windows is very similar to the one shown. I used all glass pebbles that have the flat back, E6000 glue, allowed to dry for a few days before they were inserted into the walls of the she-shed. I used vintage/antique barn windows for mine. No issues thru the winter....no breakage, not too heavy. Not sure why they broke on the other project. I'd do this again, as long as I had the E6000....worked well for me!

• Andrea Bayard
    Andrea Bayard

I am also doing a window project but have a question. I bought some glass pebbles but they have a ceramic like back to them. Of course I need this to come off. any ideas how I can remove it????

• Teresa Anthony
    Teresa Anthony

I have a large window from my son's house, I went to a glass supplier, he said the glass I had was way to weak. So I purchased a reinforced glass, hold's any weight you add to it. by the way he absolutely loved your art work. He gave me a demonstration, for glass weight. I didn't mind the $90.00 I had to pay for the installation. I'm going to enjoy working on this project. Thank You so much, just inquire with you glass supplier, it's worth it when he showed me how weak the glass I had. would love to see your project with the shutters, did you attach the shutters or kept them separately.

• Ko
    Ko

I used marbles and it was to heavy for the glass and it broke.

• Lady Blue
      Lady Blue

I replied to you, but do not see my response. Posted a pic of 3 windows I made too using E6000, flat backed glass pebbles, vintage/antique barn windows. Not sure where my post went....hope this one posts!

• Jan Thomas
    Jan Thomas

If the glass marbles, flat backed, are too heavy try using buttons

• Vienna Sausage
      Vienna Sausage

Buttons then turns this into a completely different project. Because the stained-glass aspect of it is gone when you switch to opaque materials. Not trying to discredit your idea.