Lindsay Eidahl
Lindsay Eidahl
  • Cedar Rapids, IA

DIY Garden Clock

What's a DIY fanatic to do when she sees a perfectly good table in her neighbor's dumpster?
Ummmm jump in it and grab it, that's what.
To be more precise, walk inside the HUGE dumpster and roll it out of there and down the street into our garage.
There's no shame in my game.
repurposed table to diy garden clock, gardening, how to, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
I asked the owners where the base to the table was.
Their response: "We just got done demolishing it."
What?
I don't understand why people do that! This old table was beautiful and to know the base was intact until they ruined it kills me!
To upcycle this table, I painted it white and then added some brown and gray paint over it to make it look aged. Then, I added some clock numbers to it.
We cut some arrows from some scrap wood in the garage and I painted them with the same gray paint.
Now, this table that was destined for the landfill is a beautiful clock that would be amazing in a garden, on a barn or even a garage. You can see all the details of this makeover on my blog post here:
Lindsay Eidahl

• Tina

it saddens me that people demolish and ruin good pieces that can be upcycled!! even on the "crashers" shows on hgtv!! i cry whenever they do that! someone can use it! you did a great job!!

• Wanda Gielzecki

I have a table like this that's been sitting in my garage collecting dust, and we often do happy hour on my deck...so this would be perfect!