DIY Wine Cork Trivet

There are so many great things to make with wine corks. This is the one I decided to try first. It is so easy and we use it all the time. It is a wine cork trivet. All you need is a round cork board, wine corks, knife, ruler, glue, and some muscle for cutting.
First, you will need to cut all the corks in half. Use the ruler to figure out where the center is for the corks. Make sure to use a really sharp knife. Corks are really hard to cut and you will need all the muscle you have.
Next, arrange all the corks out first. Rearrange them until they are exactly how you want them. Turn them over one at a time and add some glue. Press them down firmly.
Allow it to dry overnight before you use it. That is all there is to it. If you want to get a better look at how these were made or want to see more pictures check out my site.

Dee

• Mary Beth @ The How to Home

Very very cool!

• Smk1442994

Love your trivet. Great job. I used my electric knife to cut corks when I made a cork board and it worked great and didn't dull it.

• Dee

@Smkarasz65 Thanks! I think that would be a great way to do it too. I am thinking of doing a project and the corks have to be really small. I might try the electric knife for that.