Letitia Grace Lauer
Letitia Grace Lauer
  • Elgin, SC

From Failed Flip to Fabulously French

$150

This failed furniture flip was found on the curbside and brought home for a makeover. With some TLC and a little DIY it is now Fabulously French made over with hardware and appliques from D. Lawless Hardware and Chalk-Acrylic Paints from Shabby Paints.
from failed flip to fabulously french augustfabflippincontes, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, shabby chic
This dark and drab TV Armoire had the huge cut out of the backing for the old school tube TVs. It also was missing a couple of knobs, had a broken hinge and the latex paint was failing and peeling off in places.
I took it all apart, replaced the backing and studied it up, changed out the hardware from D. Lawless Hardware, added some appliques. I painted it a base color of Lillian Grey, trimmed it in Snow White and used Black ReVax as a glaze to age and antique it. I sealed it with Sheer Vax... I love these Shabby Paints products as I am able to paint inside out of the Southern Heat and Humidity, even the top coats are non toxic and VOC free. Now look how this beast is now such a beauty!
It is so amazing what some paint and some accessories can do for just about anything. This piece now has a solid backing, one more shelf than it did before so it is to be used as a storage armoire not a tube TV armoire anymore.
Just look at how three paint products and a little "icing" appliques and hardware can transform a piece.... I am in L O V E!
This project was created for The Fab Flippin Furniture Contest month of August - theme is "Icing on the cake"

Letitia Grace Lauer

• Deborah Joy

I would like to know the HOW of what you did? I am new to this and love the idea. I have an old armouir, it looks hideous, but I love the storage space. HOW do I get started? Do I sand, then paint? wash it, ..I guess I need a step by step. Thanks for understanding. Sincerely, Deborah Joy

• Allorrah Be

I want to learn more about the HOW, also! I have some pieces I've always wanted to redo, indoors, in place, but don't know how to start, just like you. I hope someone responds to both of us with advice on how to learn to do this wonderful work!

• Lis

Do you still use it for the tv? I had one that I cut the middle section out of and made into a coffee table using just the bottom drawers and the very top piece. After seeing this I regret not making it into a coat closet.

• Vivian R. Orr

can you paint kitchen cabients with this ? wn