Don’t you just love this vintage vanity makeover by Salvaged Inspirations?
Stormy Seas Vintage Vanity
I’d like to say this layered ‘Stormy Seas’ Vintage Vanity was my plan all along, but the truth is, this makeover took some unexpected turns. My original plan was to layer some pinks and then white wax for a soft romantic look but it turned out quite the opposite with this deep stormy seas layered finish.
I started by cleaning the piece. I patched all the original hardware holes and I gave the rest of the dresser a light sanding with 180 grit and then wiped away all the dust with a cloth.
I ended up with 4 layers of paint, including a pink-tinted primer, Amethyst and Buttercream Chalk Mineral Paint , Stormy Seas Chalk Mineral Paint, and Best Dang Wax in Black. To add more interest, I applied a small amount of Warm Gold Gilding Wax to highlight the details.
It doesn’t look anything like I was originally planning, but it’s stunning! I’m really happy with how it all turned out! My takeaway from this piece – go with the flow. I know it sounds a bit woo-woo-wee, but sometimes the furniture will ‘talk’ to you and steer you in its own direction. And what you think is a mistake just might be the way to an unexpected beautiful finish!
- Amethyst Chalk Mineral Paint (https://dixiebellepaint.com/amethyst-chalk-paint/)
- Buttercream Chalk Mineral Paint (https://dixiebellepaint.com/buttercream-chalk-paint/)
- Stormy Seas Chalk Mineral Paint (https://dixiebellepaint.com/stormy-seas-chalk-paint/)
- Best Dang Wax (https://dixiebellepaint.com/new-and-improved-best-dang-wax/)
- Gilding Wax (https://dixiebellepaint.com/gilding-wax/)