You can create a beautiful and unique Dried Fruit Garland using my simple DIY method.
These garlands are beautiful and great to use in your fall, Thanksgiving, and Christmas decor.
All you need are a few natural elements to create these easy pieces.
Steps to Make Dried Fruit Garland
- First, thread a crochet needle with waxed thread.
- Run the needle through the tassel and establish the length you want to achieve for your garland. For the two garlands I created in this project, I made one garland 5 feet long and one garland 3 feet long. Therefore, I pulled out thread at that length for each garland and then cut the thread.
- Remove the ends of the tassel with scissors as these pieces are not needed.
- Tie a knot in the wax thread to secure the tassel and begin stringing your elements (dried orange slices, beads, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks).
- You can string these elements in any order you desire to create your unique pattern.
- I started my garland by running the needle through both ends of a dried orange slice. But, you can start with whatever element you choose.
- Next, I added a cinnamon stick by carefully pushing the crochet needle through the hole on one end of the stick.
- Then, I added a wood bead, and approximately 7 bay leaves to achieve the look below.
- Instead of having all the oranges lay flat in the garland, I also stacked several slices together to create more dimension and interest.
- I also strung several oranges together flatly, separating each dried oragne slice with a wood bead.
- When I was approximately 6″ of the end of the waxed thread, I pushed the needle through my second tassel.
- I cut the ends off the tassel and tied a double knot to secure the garland.
- Now the dried fruit garland DIY is complete and ready to style with all of your fall and holiday decor!