How to paint tile floor in bathroom?

+34

Can you paint bathroom floor tiles?

• William William on Feb 27, 2017
    You can try Rustoleum Tub and Tile Paint Kit or Giani Tile Kit.

• Judy Steffen Judy Steffen on Mar 08, 2017
    Yes -- there are paints that will cover floor tiles but just do one color to create a nice, neutral, modern look.

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Sep 01, 2019

A bathroom floor gets A lot of cleaning. Paint doesn't stick well to tile nut epoxy paint holds the best. There are epoxy kits for ceramic tile sold at Home Depot. Step by step instructions are in the kit. Good luck. Sounds like it will be nice.

• Patti Lesko Brooks Patti Lesko Brooks on Sep 02, 2019

You might want to look at Heritage Tradition paint products. They are easy as the videos says they are

• Amy Bricker Sumila Amy Bricker Sumila on Jan 29, 2015
    I've never painted a tile floor but I have successfully painted my tile bathroom vanity top. I used Zinsser primer then 2-3 coats of chalk paint then sealed with 3-4 coats of polyacrylic. It has lasted several months with no wear or damage from water. Maybe do a test area first. Good luck!!

• Cheryl Cheryl on Feb 21, 2015
    yes you can but you will need to ask your hardware store for the right paint as their is a certain paint for it.

• Jerry Newsome Jerry Newsome on Feb 22, 2015
    Lowe's has paint that you can use on tile

• Danielle Danielle on Feb 24, 2015
    why not just go over the whole thing with pourable tinted epoxy? My DH and I are planning to redo our guest bath floor with a kit from http://epoxymaster.com/ . I spoke to their customer service, they were a great help in helping us decide if it was a feasible project. We're using the metallic pearl effect. It's amazingly affordable and not hard at all to DIY.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Feb 28, 2017
    For sure!
    http://www.hometalk.com/diy/tile/floor/how-to-paint-your-floor-2202305

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Dec 18, 2017
    Yes I did it a few years, but it did not last very long (about 4 months before it started chipped off). Clean well, use a concrete sealer and then a concrete paint and seal it again with a top coat. Hope you have better luck than I did!

• Nikki Nikki on Dec 29, 2017
    I have read where a lot of people have painted their by priming them with a good primer and then using a good floor paint. I have seen some beautiful ones that have been stenciled.

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 29, 2017
    Hi there, Rustoleum makes a bath and tile paint that I hear works great!

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Oct 04, 2018

Hi,

You didn't mention if your tiles are ceramic or vinyl but you can do either one. The directions are pretty much the same. First scuff up your tiles, vacuum and clean well, use a coat of primer, then paint and finally sealer. For more information and methods check out this article.

https://www.drivenbydecor.com/how-painting-bathrooms-ceramic-tile-floors-diy/

• Good Morning, you can paint your floors with Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral paint...super easy and super fun!

Here are the steps:

Step one: Clean well with White Lightning by Dixie Belle Paint

Step two: One Coat or two of Slick Stick by Dixie Belle Paint

Step three: Paint any color you would like of Dixie Belle Paint

Step four: If you like, you can use a coat or two of Gator Hide by DBP for a water resistant finish.

I am attaching some pictures of l that have been painted with Dixie Belle Paint. If you ever have any questions, we are just a phone call or email away at 813-909-1962 or info@dixiebellepaint.com. We also have a great Facebook group that is for Dixie Belle Paint lovers! Great tips and advice!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DBPretailers/?ref=bookmarks

Hope this helps! Good luck and Happy Painting!!

• MaryJane MaryJane on Sep 21, 2017
    It would have to be an epoxy to paint to stay on and not chip or peel.

• Diana Deiley Diana Deiley on Sep 21, 2017

There are paints that will cover tile. Check with your paint department at Home Depot or Lowes, or your local Sherwin Williams. They all have excellent products.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Nov 12, 2017
    Yes you can, but you may want to choose a low luster porch paint or something similar. This should be a TEMPORARY fix until you can re-tile or something. It would give you an instant clean and new look but it won't last for over a year or two looking that way.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Nov 12, 2017

Hi, you don't state if it's ceramic tile or linoleum type tile. Here's an idea that looks like a regular linoleum type floor.

https://remingtonavenue.com/2015/08/the-girl-who-painted-her-tile.html

Here's one for ceramic tile - remember tile will get wet and that's the issue with painting ceramic tile. You can paint it but if it's in a high traffic area or an area that gets wet, it won't hold up well unless you use epoxy or oil based paint. I'd also be sure to seal it when it's finished.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/paint-ceramic-tile-like-pro-74249.html

• Candy Walsh Candy Walsh on Nov 12, 2017
    You can and there are some really great tile stencils out there if you wanted a pattern. Just make sure you seal it real well, especially since it'll be in the bathroom and around all the moisture.

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Nov 13, 2017
    You can, but it does have to be redone every few years

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Jul 02, 2019

You can, but with the best outcome only use the epoxy kits made for that sold at home depot. Step by step instructions are in the kit. Prep is,very important. Just know paint on ceramic is very temporary, it will peel once scratched. Use rugs in heavy traffic areas to protect.

• Homeroad Homeroad on Nov 18, 2021

Ceramic tiles can be painted using a chalk based paint. I like Fusion Mineral Paint. It can then be stenciled and will need a heavy duty sealer especially if it is on the floor.

• Homeroad Homeroad on Oct 10, 2021

I used Fusion Mineral paint on floor tiles, then they can be painted. I would use a sealer that is specially made for floors to seal the surface.

• Pick up a bonding adhesive primer meant for ceramic tile, paint away with your choice, then seal everything with at least 5 coats of a water based polyurethane.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Feb 20, 2019

I would do oil if you paint them because it will come of easy can’t you just change the grout color for a different look I think it will come off eventually.

• Krafty Mrs.K Krafty Mrs.K on Feb 20, 2019

You need an epoxy tile paint to stick to ceramic tile. Chalk paint is usually latex with a bit of plaster added so it would not be durable without coats of sealer like epoxy or polyurethane. Possible a porch enamel would wear well since it is for floors.

• Homeroad Homeroad on Oct 10, 2021

Ceramic tiles can be painted with Fusion Mineral Paint and then sealed with a floor sealer.

• Heje Heje on Jun 06, 2018
    Rustoleum has good paint to go over tile.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Jan 19, 2021

The most important step is the prep. Make sure they are perfectly clean and then use a maximum adhesion primer like Bondz from Zinsser.

• Lots of great posts here, but make sure to invest in a really good sealer and one that isn't slippery. I would inquire at the local paint store.

• 57148965 57148965 on Jan 13, 2022

Ficxs and go good stort

• 57148965 57148965 on Jan 13, 2022

weioss

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on Jan 31, 2022

You can but that is like applying a bandaid on a cut ... it will peel off avantually

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Mar 03, 2022

Yes you can. Start on the fathest wall and work back towards the door.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Mar 19, 2022

Buy Paint from your DIY store comes in many colours.

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on Mar 31, 2022

I wouldnt .. since it doesnt last .. I would consider changing tiles

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on Apr 30, 2022

I wouldnt .. it will scratch off .. it is only temporary fix