Maria
Maria
  • Denham Springs, LA

Can Never Have Enough of These During the Holidays!

The holidays are quickly approaching and so are the family gatherings and parties. I don't know about you but I never seem to have enough coasters for all the festive drinks. Then while floor shopping, yes it is relative to my subject on coasters, an idea came to me as I held a sample of a cork flooring. It was almost the right size, had a soft cork backing and with a little paint and imagination , it
can never have enough of these during the holidays, crafts
This is the sample of the cork flooring and yes they were free, at least at this store.
Next I had them cut square by my handy man, my dear husband, and painted them.
I had some lazer cut snowflakes from last years after Christmas sale which I thought would stand out nicely with the black background,glued them in place and added a little fairy dust.
Next for the edges, can't forget the finishing touch. I glued some ribbon around the edges then mod-podged the top and sides.
'
This was a little work for a great outcome, at least I thinks so and the best thing is you get to use your imagination to create your own coasters with a Fall theme, beach theme or what ever comes to your mind. Left out the final step and my friends on hometalk have reminded me to say I used an acrylic sealer to finish them off. I think they should hold up to the sweating container just as well as some expensive glass coasters I have.

• Nancy

beautiful!

• Phillipcardjr

Like it. Have been looking for ideas to work from for Valentines. Heart cut outs or maybe cut the cork in the shape of a heart. Thank you.