DIY Fireplace Makeover....in One Weekend, Under $100!

This fireplace had been such an eyesore. It had been driving me crazy ever since we moved into our new house. One weekend we decided to do something about it. I had no idea how easy, inexpensive and quick the project would actually be!
diy fireplace makeover in one weekend under 100, diy, fireplaces mantels, painting, wall decor
Here is the final shot! Whitewashing the brick and adding heat-resistant black paint to the gold accents and tile was a simple step, but such a huge change!
Here is the before.....pretty bad right! ....but little did we know how easy and inexpensive it would be to make it over!
Here is a picture of my husband adding the second coat of the heat resistant black paint. Even if you're not going to add a mantel and molding to your fireplace, getting rid of the gold can be such an easy and impressive change!
We were so lucky to have my dad available to help! He found some inexpensive tongue and groove and helped us mold out the top of the mantel.
...and here's the after picture! I'm so in love with this fireplace now! I can't wait to decorate it for fall!

Creatively Living

• Susan

Did you paint or somehow change the color of the brick? It looks grey now.

Im interested in changing a massive fireplace in a home I just purchased.

• Diana

Hi, for the whitewash did you only use one part valspar ultra white and one part water and painted over the brick? Is that gray color the end result? I so want to do this to mine today!!

• Diana