McCall Manor
McCall Manor
  • Winter Garden, FL

The Giving Pumpkin

Hey Y'all! Here is a fun way to use those carvable pumpkins that are sold at craft stores.
the giving pumpkin, chalk paint, crafts, halloween decorations, seasonal holiday decor
Who doesn't want a pumpkin candy dish this time of year?? I saw these carvable pumpkins at JoAnn's and wondered how I could use them in a different way.
This one is smaller than most and I thought it would be perfect for a candy dish. I just cut the top off (making a huge mess...) to make the lid.
Voila! A candy dish with a lid! In the shape of a pumpkin no less!!
Now, I just needed to paint it. Cue the chalk paint.
I added a tag to the front that I found at the dollar spot in Target. Oh that dollar spot gets me every time!
For this and tons more ideas, stop by my blog McCall Manor. I would love to connect with you there!
McCall Manor

• Donald Downs

How did you make the cut through the top diameter of the pumpkin so straight and true?

• McCall Manor

Hi Donald! First, it's not as perfect as I guess it looks, but I used a saw that was long enough to go through the full diameter of the pumpkin. Then I lightly sanded the edges. Hope this helps!