DIY Cup Cozy

Fall has finally arrived! The morning air is beginning to feel crisp, and the days are cooling down - just a bit, but I'll take it! My mind is in fall mode, and I'm working on decorating my house for the season. I also have some projects in the works, and the one I'm sharing today guarantees to get you through these chilly fall days, in cozy, comfortable style. You know my love for quick, easy projects, and this one couldn't be quicker or easier! This project uses an item that you probably have lying around the house - a comfy, well-loved flannel shirt!
Here's what you'll need to make your own:
Men's long sleeved flannel shirt in XL or larger
Scissors
If you don't have a flannel shirt lying around, you can find nice ones at your local thrift store. I would recommend getting a men's X large or XX large because the bigger the shirt, the bigger the cup cozy. My shirt was an XL and I had to stretch my cozy a bit to get it to fit my coffee mug; doable, but a larger size shirt would have made it easier. You might also want to make sure the "cuffs" are in good condition, since that is what we will be using to make our cup cozy. Mine were a little worn, but I like the "lived-in" look.
Using your scissors, cut as close to the seam of the cuff as possible. Make sure you are checking both sides of the cuff before you make your cuts to avoid any accidents.
This is what you're left with.
Now wrap your cuff around your mug, and button.
And that's it! I told you it was easy! Now go ahead and cut the other cuff the same way, so you'll have a matching pair.
Isn't this a great way to up-cycle an old flannel shirt? I can't wait to enjoy a pumpkin spice latte, wrapped all snug and warm in one of these cozys! These would also make great stocking stuffers or office gifts for the up-coming holidays!
I'd love to hear what you think of these Quick and Easy DIY Cup Cozy's! You can see more of my DIY projects and home decor posts here on Hometalk, and on my blog!

Amy Lee

• Elowe9171

Hi, Why do you limit your project to flannel? You have a great fast idea. In the past I had left over material and sewed a rectangle and closed with velcro. In the material you may sew in dried beans or other padded material.