Smart Interiors
Smart Interiors
  • Rancho Santa Fe, CA

Before & After- Builder Basic Powder Room to BEAUTIFUL!

A powder room is a great place to go bold. I like to give my guests a nice surprise when they step inside. This bathroom was as bland and basic as it gets.
builder basic powder room to beautiful before after, bathroom ideas, home decor, small bathroom ideas
This guest powder room does not get more plain then this. The pedestal sink, mirror, lighting and neutral walls have no pizzazz.
Not much you can do to this toilet so it stays.
First I had the sink, mirror and lighting removed. Then added the silver wall paper. TIP: The walls had an orange peal texture. To get the wallpaper smooth and not bumpy 2 liner papers were added underneath the wallpaper.
The dramatic mirror, farmhouse style sink and modern espresso vanity adds a glamours feel. To install the new vanity no extra plumbing was required. The vanity is all prefabricated and was purchased as is. The new light install was easy because electrical was already there.
A few decorative sconces were added over the toilet area for visual interest.
The sconces are from Global Views. I love that they are a silver metal with a thick glass shelve insert.
From builder basic boring to beautiful! Whaaa-laa!
To see this transformation in video - just click.

To see more: http://smartinteriors.net

• Kshama

Ideas to paint old door.i have off white house with brown trims?

• Bonnie

I love everything old and shabby chic, I live in a small 3 bedroom trailer in a beautiful park atmosphere. My trailer is white with a tan skirting, how can I give it some homey, shabby feel?

• Joanne Andiorio

Where did you find the vanity with sink?