How to Transfer on Wood

$2-4

After posting some projects where I use a transfer on wood or glass, several of you have asked me if I could make a graphic tutorial ... well, here it is!
You're going to need the following:
Sheet of paper
Printer (laser best)
Scissors
Stick material (ModPodge, glue, paint, latex, varnish ...)
Object
Cloth
After this, go to it! The first thing is to print the image or text you want backwards. This is an important step in the case of text, believe me ... It doesn't matter if the sheet is new or recycled
Cut it near the edges
Apply a layer of adhesive material on the printed side of the image. I've tried them all and they all work, though there are some I like more than others. If I have to choose, the best would be ModPodge, followed by white glue lowered with some water, and my least favorite is latex.
Then paste it into the object to decorate and press so that there are no air bubbles.
I use a plastic bag to protect the sheet while I press as it is wet and, therefore, delicate.
Let dry for at least 5-6 h. Don't be impatient, I know it's so hard to wait... This is why I usually do it at night because I have no temptation. Once it is dry, moisten a cloth and apply it to paper so that it will get wet. When it's wet you will see the drawing at the background showing through.
Start to rub with your finger to remove the pulp of the paper. At this point I recommend doing it roughly, do not try to get the image sharp at once.
When you see the whole image, it's time to do something else while the paper dries again. A few minutes is enough.
Back to work again, and now you can remove all remaining cellulose. Don't ask me why, I'm sure it has some explanation, but those minutes between rubbing help the image to fix really well.
As you can see it is clear, and you do not need to spend money buying special products. You can protect it with varnish or wax, which you like most.
If you are interested in more tutorials, you can check my blog:
http://sweethings.net/home-english/

Sweet Things - Pili

• Karen Wilson

Would this work on a mirror?

• Lori Ashby

I don't have a program reverse my image. Do you have any suggestions?
    • Connie Hess

You dont need anything special. Just powerpoint works. Just make your word a "wordart" select it and right click, save it as a pic then re insert it as an image. Then use the picture editing tools to flip it horizontal  super easy no extra program required.

• Denise Rohrer

Are you using special paper, I see the image of Terry and then you apply the mod podge and when you apply to the wood printing shows up on your paper where you are rubbing off the paper, how do you explain this.